We are Reopening!
Life has been on hold but our plans to reopen are well underway!
We are delighted to announce that we will reopen our hotel from Saturday 4th July. The welfare of our guests and our team is always our first priority, so when you are able to visit us again, you can do this feeling assured that we have in place all the precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you safe. We are being independently audited before we reopen with an assessment from Quality in Tourism to ensure our hotel is Covid-19 Safe, Secure & Legal (TM).
Guest safety and comfort has always been our top priority. Today it is everything. So, although elements of our service will be different, we are committed to making sure that our teams are well-equipped, well trained and, as ever, ready to provide a warm George welcome. Here are the steps we are taking to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable:
- Staff are temperature checked each day
- Our teams are provided with any PPE they need
- Staff have completed Covid-19 training
- All areas of the hotel have undergone deep cleaning
- Key touch point areas will be sanitised thoroughly and regularly
- Sanitation stations are available
- We will be independently audited to ensure our hotel is Covid-19 Safe, Clean and Legal ™ with an assessment from Quality In Tourism
- Social distancing signage is on display throughout the hotel
- Online check-in and contactless check-out
- Plexiglass screens at reception
- Sanitised room key cards ready to collect
- Contactless payment or payment via credit or debit card is preferred
- Rooms will be deep cleaned and sanitised before your stay
- Rooms will not be let within 24 hours of each stay where possible
- Rooms will not be serviced if you are staying for more than one night
- Only one towel and one pillow per guest (more can be requested)
- All non-essential items have been removed
- Guests can choose to dine in our socially distanced restaurant, lounge bar, courtyard or in their room
- Our menus can be accessed via our website or a sanitised paper copy
- A cooked plated full English breakfast is available between 7am and 9am each day
- We will be offering our Bar Menu between 12pm and 2pm and 6pm and 9pm
- We will be open for coffee from 9.30am throughout the day
- Guests can order breakfast and dinner from our Restaurant order point or by calling reception and they will be notified a collection time
- Please pre-book your dining by calling 01543 414822 as we will be operating with minimal staff
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you may have lots of queries about visiting us. Please bear with us as we fine tune the details. However, here are a few of our frequently asked questions that may help. We look forward to welcoming you to Moor Hall soon!
Can I book a hotel room with you now?
Yes, you can book for stays after 4th July 2020 on our website or by calling 01543 414822. Please note we do not have our full team back in the hotel yet, so it may be the case that someone has to call you back later.
Can I book for the Carvery Lunch?
Our restaurant is to remain closed for the time being. However, we do have a roast of the day on our Bar Menu which is available for £7.50 available 12pm to 2pm. You can choose to dine in our socially distanced restaurant, lounge bar or courtyard. We do ask that you pre-book your table by calling us on 01543 414822 as we will be operating with minimal staff to ensure the wellbeing of our team
Can I book for Darwin’s restaurant?
Our Darwin’s restaurant will remain closed for the time being. However, we will be open for dining every evening between 6pm and 9pm and guests can choose fro a wide range of dishes from our Bar Menu. You can choose to dine in our socially distanced restaurant, lounge bar or courtyard. We do ask that you pre-book your table by calling us on 01543 414822 as we will be operating with minimal staff to ensure the wellbeing of our team
Can I come to the hotel for lunch?
Yes, our Bar Menu will be available from 12pm to 2pm every day.
Can I come for Afternoon Tea?
We will be offering Afternoon Tea but we do ask that you pre-book your table by calling us on 01543 414822 as we will be operating with minimal staff to ensure the wellbeing of our team.
I have a wedding booked in July / August, is it going ahead?
Our wedding co-ordinator will have already been in touch to discuss your options, however, if you wish to postpone your wedding to a later date please get in touch.
Can I book a Wedding Showround at the hotel?
Yes, we look forward to welcoming couples to our hotel once we reopen! We are working on the details to ensure we offer a safe visit. Please get in touch with us at [email protected] to arrange a time and date to view our hotel.
Are you running any special events soon?
No, until we receive advice from the Government that groups of 100 people or more can meet we are not hosting any of our popular special events.
Can I book for Christmas?
Yes! Click here to view our Christmas brochure online and the Christmas section of the website is being prepared to go live next week. To book please call us on 01543 414822.
Will you extend my gift voucher if it expired during lockdown or expires soon?
Yes, we are extending all gift vouchers until the end of October regardless of when they were due to expire. Once we reopen we will review any other gift voucher enquiries.
Can I book a meeting or conference?
We are able to offer a range of rooms for training, meetings and events. Our capacities will be adjusted to facilitate social distancing. Please get in touch if you require space for housing your office workers safely, or you wish to use our space as an alternative to working from home.
Please note we have very limited staff working until our hotel reopens so if you have any queries or would like further guidance please email [email protected] We look forward to welcoming you to The George!
Back to Latest News